Spring is here! And that means Mother’s Day is right around the corner. Moms around the world should be pampered. Wouldn’t you agree? After all, they brought us into this world didn’t they? Well, Jenny Satin, one of our favorite Professional Makeup Artists, has some great gift ideas to show the “Mama” of the house how to achieve an updated, fresh and confident look.
Giving your mom an updated “hip” look isn’t that hard. It’s a simple and encouraging way to give her some extra attention in the beauty department. Here are Jenny Satin’s makeup gift ideas:
First, ask yourself some questions: Does she enjoy wearing makeup? Does she have a skincare regimen? Has she been wearing the same look for years? If any of these apply, here are some suggestions:
Many mature women are used to applying heavy foundation, spot treating (with concealer), or sometimes just using a moisturizer and a powder. Here are some new exciting alternatives: Prepare a “New and Improved” gift basket! Some makeup items to consider:
1. BB Cream: BB Cream is known as an “all in one” product. It can be worn alone as a tinted moisturizer or with a powder for more coverage. One of my favorites is Clinique’s Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30 if your mom is the type that likes a little more coverage, Clinique also makes a great face powder that includes a brush. This powder gives sheer to moderate coverage and can be worn with a BB cream or foundation.
2. Cream Blush/Lip Stain: These types of products are amazing. They offer a quick way for busy ladies to add a wash of color. They usually come in the form of a stick or compact. Put 3 dots on your cheek bones and blend upwards to add a dewy, sheer finish. Same goes for the lips, a few dots on the top and bottom lip, press them together and you have a youthful look. Try Stila’s Lip and Cheek Stain in Mango crush.
3. Mascara: Oh how I love thee, let me count the ways… That pretty much sums it up! If I had to choose onebeauty product this would be it! Even on our darkest of days this product delivers. I think that a curved mascara brush is always the way to go. It allows for easy application by following the natural curve of your lash line. This is why Lorac’s Multiplex 3D lashes are top 5 in my book. It offers volume, separation (because of the curved brush), and drama. What more could you want?
We ladies have a love hate relationship with our skin. We buy some jazzy new product only to find it barely used and stashed away in our makeup drawers. The truth is, with a little research, it only takes a few key items.
1. Anti- Aging Eye Cream: In my opinion this is the single most important skincare product in an everyday regimen. Why? Because people look at our eyes first. Pretty simple right? Some key words to look for in an eye cream are lifting, firming, smoothing, and, radiant. An impressive new product I would suggest is Caudalie’s Vinosource S.O.S. Morning Eye Rescue. This product does the trick and does it quick!
2. Moisturizer: My grandmother always told me to never skimp when it came to hydrating my skin with a good moisturizer. I think of it as a tall glass of water- for my face! These days there are so many products to choose from. This is why I love it when I find something that can be applied day and night in one shot! Origins has a fantastic cream called “Starting Over.”It’s an age erasing moisturizer that helps to rebuild collagen and improve skin’s texture. Perfect for mom!
3. SPF/Sunscreen: Remember when you were little and your mom always made you wear sunscreen? Well I certainly do appreciate it now! This is a key item in my book. And it doesn’t have to be a typical greasy, sticky sunscreen. There are advanced products now that not only protect our skin, but have added benefits like vitamin c and antioxidants. Check out Ole Henriksen’s Protect The Truth™ Vitamin C SPF 50+ Sunscreen. Not only does it have a high SPF but it’s lightweight antiaging barrier kills two birds with one stone!
Short on time? Here are Jenny Satin’s “Tips” section for some awesome pre-packaged gifts for Mother’s Day.
- Spend your money on the products, not the basket! You can find inexpensive cute baskets at Michael’s or World Market.
- Remember that while you’re planning what to put in your Mother’s Day Basket you can mix up some of the above items (or something similar).
- Check out some of these pre-packaged gifts for Mother’s Day.